Sunday, August 23, 2015

Rantings of the Missionary Mom

So, we sent our first missionary (and baby of the family) off to serve the Lord for two years! No big deal right?  I mean our oldest got married and moved SIX hours away with our first grandbaby (no worries, she's back now)  and we lived through that.  Our second joined the Army and went to Iraq for a year, we survived that too (with a lot of faith and prayers), THEN he got married and made his home in TEXAS! Don't worry he moved back TODAY! Even though number three has stayed close by, she ENJOYS flying through the air and now teaching her babies to "stunt" so that's heart stopping!  Baby girl hemorrhaged during child birth (don't worry the doctor & nurses didn't notice... I had to tell them)! Cut to number five... ya, he's a professional BULLRIDER!  Do I even need to say anything else about that (enter more faith and prayers)??? And then there's Bailey aka: Bailey Bud!  He IS the baby of the family, and according to his siblings quite spoiled, although me and grandma don't really think so.  He has always been quite independent, smart, and faithful (a tender mercy for sure).  Although true to his word, he called the love of his life Madi at the L.A. airport during his layover to the Guatemala MTC INSTEAD OF HIS MOM!  But hey, I can remember being young and in love, so really I am just proud of him for choosing to serve the Lord and for Madi who supported him in his decision (good choice Bailey Bud, good choice - referring to Madi btw). And I have to relearn BlogSpot, because let's be honest, I have NOT updated my blog since 2011... yup, I'm a slacker.  So, I love my Elder Bailey Bud Holmes, and I will bide my time over the next two years with service to the Lord, my family, my kids at school, and the community I love, and sharing Elder Holmes with you here, on his mission blog.

-Bailey's mom

1 comment: