Tuesday, September 15, 2015

What is a Hipster anyway???

Hmmm... I've heard the term hipster before, but what is one?   Google says it's, "a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream."
So now I'm wondering how can you be a hipster in the MTC when you dress exactly the same as everyone else and you all have the same barber?  Maybe it's the handmade Madi Riye ties... 
I feel like falling out of the top bunk in the MTC is one of those things you will NOT live down for the following two years (hope Elder Lee doesn't have any broken parts)...  and I still don't know which one the "little brother" companion is.
In all honesty, Bailey Bud has always been quite tight lipped about things, so although this seems like a small amount of information, it is a lot by comparison (for example: I haven't seen a tenth of the videos he made and I haven't even seen most of the awards he won in high school.  He donated his state and national medals to the high school and Madi told me the other day there is still a big stack of his award certificates at the school... so ya)!
I am grateful he came with the gift of "looking for the silver lining" and that he seems to be adjusting to his new adventure. I have no doubt he will be awesome in El Salvador!

-Bailey's mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment