Monday, October 5, 2015

El Salvador, Week 1... My New Companion is White!

 
Hi Family!

This week has been crazy! I just slept the whole bus ride from the MTC so nothing cool there. President Vasquez is so funny! He cant really speak English so our interview was interesting.
I am glad you are all spending time together. I miss you guys and I wish I could spend time with you all.
My first companion is Elder Markham and he is white. It was such a relief when I got a North American trainer. My first area is Santo Thomas, it is super safe and we have a member that cooks every meal for us. This place is very different but I like it. The people here are super humble and love missionaries. I taught my first lesson Wednesday and I realized I don't really know Spanish as well as I thought I did. We taught the Familia Ortiz and it was super hard cause only their son could read. I don't even know how many lessons I have taught now but I am getting better. We teach and hike all day. Thank you Madi for conditioning me to hike so much! There is lots of work here to be done.
I love you all. Have a good week.

Love,
Elder Holmes


And because Madi is awesome like that... she sent a excerpt from her Elder Holmes email:


This week has been really hard but really fun! It is super fun to teach! I love to teach but it is hard when you dont know much Spanish. The people here are amazing and so humble. My companion is really great at teaching and we are always on the move! I promise I am being safe and that you don't have anything to worry about. My house is alright but it is pretty dirty. The shower is luke warm if that counts for anything. We teach lots of families that really do want to be together forever.
 
 
 
 
The pictures came with no captions... I am hoping this is NOT his front porch. I wondered if it was a window, but there is no window frame... also wondering if the cistern on the roof with the hose coming down is his shower..  things that make you go hmmm

 
At first I thought this might be his new companion, but no, it's just a tiny lizard.... in the house!
 


So this must be the new companion... Elder Markham.

No comments:

Post a Comment