Monday, October 5, 2015

That's My Boy!

I was VERY glad to hear from my boy today! You can't imagine how happy it made me that he sent pictures (finally got his camera back)! With only 4 pictures, you can imagine how many times I looked at every detail; for example his new bed room... What the heck is up with his pillow?  At first I thought, oh my I hope that is his companion's pillow it looks like a small animal was slaughtered on that thing. Then after some reflection I remembered that we all wrote notes all over his pillow case with permanent marker that was obviously NOT permanent (Note to self... send Bailey a new pillow case)!  Then I notice the mosquito net over Elder Markham's bed and I think, 'didn't we get him a net?' and then I remember he couldn't find the one he wanted (so next note to self... put a net in the pillow case when I send it)! And then there is the mold on the bottom of the wall by the door (do they have Clorox there? Can you send Clorox in the mail?)  Of course the BEST part of the pic is my little big Elder with a real smile, taking a new room selfie looking healthy and happy and that makes my heart beyond glad!

Since he is a man of few words, I am trying to imagine his interview with President Vasquez. Two different languages and Bailey who isn't a big fan of being interrogated, luckily he is awesome and has his dad's charisma so I'm sure the President loves him (but not as much as we do), and I bet he is just as witty in Spanish as he is in English (oh that kid)!

And then, 'my first companion is white.'  WHAT? LOL! I have chosen to believe that what he meant was that he was glad his first companion speaks English... ha! I sure would like to know where in Northern America Elder Markham is from.  When I first looked at Elder Markham's pic I thought 'is he on a cell phone?'  Yup, he is!

I LOVE that a member cooks for them, that fact is good for a mom's heart.  Hopefully Bailey will share his culinary skills with them sometime as well.

I am glad he has a good trainer, that he loves to teach, and that Madi helped him get ready for his two year hike-a-thon!

By the way...  683 days and we'll have that kid back home so we can hug him and pester him with a thousand questions that he will not want to answer... but I hope he will.  Love that kid (yes, he will always be a kid to me)!

-Bailey's mom

No comments:

Post a Comment